Mutton Pilaf recipe / Mutton pulao recipe
Mutton pulao recipe with tomatoes, many tomatoes actually and yogurt.
Today while experimenting I cooked Mutton pulao and it turned amazing. My kids liked the taste a lot. Have a look at the picture, is not it scrumptious plate of Mutton pulao recipe?
Ingredients Mutton pulao recipe:
- 2 cups Rice
- ½ kg Mutton (cut into small pieces)
- Salt / Black pepper / White pepper (To taste)
- 1 tablespoon roast Shan masala
- 1-tablespoon chapli kebab masala
- 1-tablespoon sugar (you can use brown sugar too)
- ½-teaspoon Chinese salt
- 4 cloves
- 2-tablespoon yogurt
- 1-teaspoon coriander powder
- ½-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4-5 heads of cloves
- 1-2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 2-tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon of lemon rind
- Green chilies and chopped coriander for garnishing (optional)
Directions Mutton pulao recipe
- Cook mutton in water until tender. Add coriander powder, cumin seeds, clove and little amount of Garam masala.
- Once tender take the pieces of mutton out of the broth in a plate and set aside.
- Add oil in a pot over medium-high heat and sauté ginger and garlic paste, when the garlic will change color and aromatic add mutton and fry for 8-12 minutes once the color of mutton will change add chopped onion and cook for few minutes until the onions will be translucent. Add yogurt and cook until yogurt will be mixed well in mutton.
- Now add large chopped tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, a ½ inch chopped piece of fresh ginger. Cook be stirring occasionally.
- Time to add seasoning; coriander powder, cumin powder, Chinese salt, chapli kebab masala, roast masala, sugar, cloves, salt, black pepper, whole white pepper; you can use powder too. Cook for few minutes until the oil will shine. Add lemon juice and lemon rind and mix everything together.
- For 2 cups of soaked rice, I will add 4 cups of mutton broth and let it boil.
- Once broth is boiled properly, add rice and on high flame let the rice absorb water then lower heat to the lowest level, cover rice and let it cook for 10-12 min.
- Once done dish out Mutton pulao recipe (Mutton Pilaf recipe) and enjoy with any sauce of your choice.
I normally use chickpeas salad with yogurt or simply yogurt.
Try and you will really feel that there is a change in taste, the taste is not like mutton pulao but something else, that I still myself Do not know, actually like what 🙂