Meethi Tikiya Recipe
You can fry these Meethi Tikiya I feel they are kind of biscuits that are not baked but fried or you can say sweet bites. These can be fried and stored in an airtight jar for almost a month. If you feel they are bit, hard, just microwave them for 3-6 seconds and they will be perfect as fresh. I hope Meethi Tikiya Recipe will make perfect Meethi Tikiya for you that you will enjoy. You can dust Meethi Tikiya Recipe with powdered sugar or even coco sugar to enhance the taste.
Ingredients Meethi Tikiyan Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar (you can add less or more and even can use brown sugar)
- 1-tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼-cup semolina flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup lukewarm fresh milk (I have used full fat, you can use any you like, even coconut milk)
- ½ teaspoon crushed green cardamom powder
- Oil to deep fry
Directions Meethi Tikya:
- Blend sugar and add in a large bowl, pour warm milk, melted butter and mix well.
- In a blender, add coconut and blend it to make powder, coconut must be dried not fresh.
- Take a bowl and put coconut powder in it and then all-purpose flour, sesame seeds, semolina flour, cardamom powder and mix well with hands.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over the flour mixture and make the dough. Do not pour all milk at once but little by little. Knead for about 10-15 minutes so the dough will be smooth; mean no lumps are present, but it will be sticky, leave in the fridge for about 30-50 minutes by putting the dough in an airtight jar or cover bowl with cling film.
- If you feel that, still the dough is sticky leave for little more time in the fridge.
- Once the dough is dry enough to be rolled then make small balls and roll it using a rolling pin and cut with a cookie cutter in any shape or simply a round shape with a bowl or cup. The shape and size depend on your liking. I prefer that it must be like a biscuit not much bigger in size. Do not roll the dough so thin but at least ½ cm in thickness.
- Roll whole dough and make the cookies, Meethi tikya, and place in a plate or dish.
- Add oil in a wok or pan and let it heat up, drop a little ball of dough in oil and see if the oil is warm enough. Add 3-4 meethi tikya in warm oil depending on the size of your pan and let it deep fry for 4-5 minutes on each side on low flame.
- When the cookie will turn golden brown from both sides then take out meethi tikiyan on an absorbing tissue or kitchen towel and let it cool for 10- 15 minutes.
Store Meethi Tikiya in an airtight jar and enjoy with tea or cup of coffee. Enjoy!!