Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe
Servings: Serves 3-4
Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe maybe the name is new to you and bit hard to read as well but the recipe of Lyonnaise Potatoes is so simple and quick. You can enjoy the Lyonnaise Potatoes with Naan bread.
Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe mainly depends on Potatoes. Potatoes are the main ingredient of Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe.
Potatoes have many health benefits. It has only 110 calories. There is no fat found in potatoes. No sodium and no cholesterol. It is full of potassium. It has fiber in it.
Most of the time doctors advised us to feed our kids with the vegetable recipes like potatoes, I am wondering if it is to become fat, but potato has no fat, how come 😊
The combination of Potatoes with meat or vegetables is always perfect. We all love Potato chips. So let us see Lyonnaise Potatoes, the name came from Lyon, France.
Ingredients Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe:
- ½ kg Potatoes
- 3-tablespoon butter or oil
- 2- Onions (medium size)
- ½-teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½-teaspoon black pepper
- ½-teaspoon salt (according to taste)
- Pinch of coriander, cumin, cardamom powder (optional)
- Any green herb for garnishing (coriander/parsley, optional, I did not use any in the picture)
Directions Lyonnaise Potatoes recipe:
- Wash potatoes, peel them and cut them into slices. Hold the potato vertically and cut horizontally across to have a circular shape. The slices should be thin.
- Boil water in a pan and add the potato slices, let them cook for 3 to 4 minutes and remove. Do not soften them. The potatoes should be little uncooked when removed from boiling water. Leave in a strainer to remove excess water.
- Now heat up oil in a pan and fry the potatoes. Do not deep fry just shallow fry.
- Remove potato slices from oil and again put on tissue paper to soak the excessive oil.
- Slice your onions.
- Now take a pan in a bit bigger size, add the oil, heat it up, and fry the onion until it will have light golden color. Add garlic, ginger paste, and all spices.
- In the end, place the fried potatoes on top of cooked onions in form of a layer.
- Cover pan with a lid and on medium heat cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Open the lid and then mix the potatoes and onion and add lemon juice.
- Turn off the flame, take the potatoes out in a dish, sprinkle with fresh herb or coriander leaves and enjoy.
I hope you will try this simple Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe and like it! It is best to add vegetables to our life and try as much vegetable recipes as possible for your health and weight loss.