Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce:
There are many ways to make Lasagna, in this post, I will be sharing Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce. I love this layered Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce, it is a beauty with creamy white sauce and cheese and the minced meat always a love for me and my kids. At least, we do not need to fight with bones:), kidding. To add some color to Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce, if you like, you can add cilantro or parsley in layers or on top and if you want to give a desi touch to it add some green or red chilies and baby tomatoes.
Whenever I cook or learn something new, I always go an check the history. Like many people, I was thinking Lasagna is an Italian dish but to my surprise, it is not Italian but has its origin in Ancient Greece. The word Lasagna is derived from a Greek word for pasta, “Laganon”.
Anyways, it is always great to know, from where the recipe came and where I am sitting and making it. If you are more into baking than cooking Lasanage then try Chicken bread recipe . Without further ado here is Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce.
Ingredients Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce:
- 1 pack Lasagna
- ½ kg Minced Meat (you can use minced beef, mutton or chicken)
- 150g Cheddar Cheese
- 250 g Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 medium size tomato (finely chopped, better deseeded too)
- 2-tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Paprika or red chili powder (optional, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon ginger Garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon Soya Sauce
- ½-teaspoon chili sauce
- 250g (1 cup) White Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Oil
White Sauce Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce:
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 250g Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Milk
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
First of all, prepare the white sauce and set aside. Click and check the recipe for white sauce in another post. It is very easy and can be prepared in 5 minutes.
Directions Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large pot boil water as per the directions of the lasagna pack and cook lasagna strips until soft, drain water and set aside.
Filing Tasty, Juicy Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce and spices
- On a medium flame put a wok and let the oil get warm and add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the garlic will change the color, little, it will turn light golden brown, add tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are cooked properly.
- Add all the spices, salt, black pepper, paprika (if using), and soya and chili sauce and cook it well.
- Once you see oil bubbling out from gravy, add the minced meat, cook by stirring for 5 minutes, then add water, and let it soften.
- When ready, take a baking tray or any oven-safe glassware and make the bottom layer by putting lasagna strips together in such a way that the entire bottom will be properly covered.
- If you like, you can add some ketchup on top of lasagna strips or pizza sauce then add cheddar and mozzarella cheese then top it with cooked meat.
- Sprinkle some oregano and if you like, you can layer it with white sauce too, if you just want to add white sauce only on top, it is still fine, and the taste will be still great.
- Place lasagna strips, spread pizza sauce or ketchup on strips then cheese and cooked meat, sprinkle oregano and spread white sauce layer, continue until you are done.
- Cover the filling with white sauce on top and if you like, you can sprinkle some cheese or oregano or cumin seeds or zatar or smac on top.
- You can also add a lot of mozzarella cheese with olives, mushrooms and bell pepper on top to have a pizza type look.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, you have to keep an eye as it depends on temperature and efficiency of your oven also and from how long you turned on the oven, once to top layer starts turning some color and you have a nice aroma, you are done.
- Take out your lasagna, place on any wire rack for 5 to 6 minutes and let it get bit normal and then serve with any sauce of your choice.
- Your hot, tasty, juicy and spicy Lasagna Recipe with White Sauce is waiting for you. Enjoy!!
These tempting pictures are shared by my dear cousin, Afshan. She is an excellent cook, her food s mouth watering. Thanks, Afshan for sharing your pictures with me. <3