Kadhi without Pakora Recipe
There are many ways people cook kadhi in India and Pakistan. It is favorite in summer as it is prepared with the curd. Most of the people cook Kadhi without Pakora Recipe with pakora and hardly people cook it without pakora. But even without pakora, the taste is great and less work actually.
Ingredients For Kadhi
• 1 litter Buttermilk or you can use 500g ( ½ kg yogurt (curd) and then blend it with 4 cups of water)
• 3 tablespoon Chickpea flour/ Gram flour (besan)
• 3 tablespoon of yogurt
• ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
• Salt to taste
• ½ tablespoon red chili powder (or crushed black pepper)
• 2-3 green chilies
• 3 tablespoon of Oil
• 2-3 Bay leaves
• ¼ teaspoon Cumin seeds
• Pinch of Basil
• Pinch of Powdered mint
• ¼ teaspoon Powdered coriander
• Water as required
For Tadka (Tempering)
• 1 small Onion, chopped
• 2-3 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
• 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
• 1teaspoon Coriander powder (sukha dhaniya)
• 1teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
• Ghee or butter or coconut oil ( I have used coconut oil)
Directions Kadhi without Pakora Recipe
1. Chop onion, tomato, garlic, and ginger with a knife or in a food processor.
2. Heat up oil in a large pot on medium-high flame add onion, tomatoes etc. mixture and fry until oil will come out. It will take 4-6 minutes depending on the heat of your stove.
3. Cut 2 – 3 leaves of mint, a handful of fresh coriander leaves, dill (soeya) and add with onions and cook.
4. Add 2 heaped tablespoon gram flour (besan) and add salt, pepper in it and cook by stirring continuously, the mixture will get thick and sticky as it is flour, do not stop stirring. Once the oil will shine, add a glass of water and mix the mixture quickly.
5. Lower the heat to the lowest level and do not let the water boil as if you will boil the water and then add buttermilk then the Kadhi will be nice and you can feel curd on top.
6. In a blender pour buttermilk (lassi) and yogurt and one green chili, little turmeric (Haldi), and blend for 2-3 minutes.
7. Pour the buttermilk into the pot over gram flour mixture and keep stirring until it will boil. Do not stop at all otherwise Kadhi will be soiled.
8. Once boiling will start you can stop the stirring and go by stirring occasionally after 5 – 6 minutes time.
9. Turn the heat to high flame and let the Kadhi cook until you get the desired amount of Kadhi then lower the flame to the lowest level.
Tempering preparation ( tarka)
10. Place a separate pan add 3 tablespoon coconut oil and let it get warm, once done add bay leaves and cumin and let cracker then add minced garlic and cook until aromatic and the color of garlic will turn little golden.
11. Add green chilies if desired and Garam Masala and give it a quick mix and pour the mixture (tardka) on Kadhi without Pakora Recipe and give it a quick mix. Cover the pot for 3-5 minutes to retain the aroma.
Dish out the Kadhi without Pakora Recipe in a deep bowl and sprinkle some dried mint leaves and dried coriander powder and enjoy with naan or rice.
Note Kadhi without Pakora Recipe
Cook the Kadhi without Pakora Recipe uncovered. Do not cover it at all while cooking. People like to add fresh leaves in the Kadhi the options can be; dill, coriander, oarsely, spring onions, garlic leaves or mint leaves.