Chicken Cabbage/ Cauliflower Stir Fry
You can use Cabbage or Cauliflower. I have used Cauliflower in the picture. But the taste and recipe are same if you use cauliflower or cabbage.
I love to eat vegetables and my kids do not like vegetables at all but chicken. I always try to find some middle way to feed vegetables to feed my kids. In this post, I will share Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry with you that my kids loved.
- 1 medium size onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium size tomato (finely chopped)
- 250g Chicken (skinless, you can use chicken breast as well, cut it into thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, garlic paste
- Green coriander / mint / parsley leaves (optional , finely chopped)
- Green chili (optional, finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoon oil for frying
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- ½ teaspoon black seeds (black-caraway)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Paprika, salt, black pepper (to taste)
- Pinch of sesame seeds (optional, to garnish)
- Sumac (optional, to garnish)
- 1 medium-size cabbage
- 1/2 cup cauliflower finely chopped
Before starting Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry recipe or Chicken Cauliflower Stir Fry recipe you have to prepare allspice powder for Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry.
- Take a pan on medium-high flame and roast by stirring; fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, black seeds (black-caraway), cumin seeds, coriander seeds.
- Once done, add to blender, blend for a couple of minutes and make powder, keep this all spice powder on the side.
- Add oil to a pan and once it is warm add cabbage and stir-fry. Once crispy and tender then take it out on a plate.
- In the same pan add onion and sauté for 2 minutes until translucent, then add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook by stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and paprika, and allspice that you blended, cook for 20 seconds.
- Now add chicken and cook until the chicken is done and the oil will start bubbling.
- It is time to add back the cauliflower, the cabbage, stir, and toss to combine all ingredients together and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle green finely chopped chili and coriander or mint leaves and cook for a minute while covering on low flame.
Your Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry or Chicken cabbage cauliflower stir fry is ready.