Indian Cake Recipes With Egg
When I go to super market, a small simple vanilla sponge cake is expensive. I can easily bake cake and I try to think about total expenditure on cake, then why it costs a lot? May be you also think about simple vanilla sponge cake recipe. If until now you did not bake a cake, I will try you how to bake a simple, moist and tender cake in this post.
- You are free to add any flavor in this cake like; orange, strawberry, mango, lemon, apple or banana or our most favorite chocolate. I prepared the batter of a simple cake then I melted chocolate and after pouring the cake in the baking tray, I added chocolate and mixed it to make a swirling pattern by a skewer. Chocolate syrup can be added too.
- If you want to add any juice then you have to add in batter with rest of the ingredients and mix well before pouring for baking. Let us check Indian Cake Recipes with Egg.
This cake can serve as a base for your creativity, you can decorate it, as you like, with cream or butter frosting or chocolate ganache or fondant.
You can simply slice it after it will cool down for almost 30-50 minutes depending on external temperature and enjoy with cup of coffee or tea. Baking super moist and soft cake is not a big science, try this easy recipe and enjoy great taste.
Ingredients Indian Cake Recipes with Egg
- 1 and 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour (you can add half quantity of whole grain if you want, in that case you have to reduce all-purpose flour quantity)
- 1 medium sized egg
- Egg yolk ¾
- Melted Butter(room temperature, do not microwave) or oil ½ cup
- Baking soda a pinch
- Baking powder 1 and ½ teaspoons
- Salt a pinch
- Sugar (white or brown) 1 and ½ cups
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon (if you have liquid then add 2-4 drops)
- Boiling water ¾ cups ( if you want you can prepare instant coffee in this boiling water and use it) Check notes.
Directions Indian Cake Recipes with Egg
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Remove eggs from the refrigerator and bring them to room temperature.
- Wash your hands properly with soap.
- Sift all the powdered ingredients twice to remove any lumps or impurities.
- Take a large bowl and break egg and egg yolks beat with an electric mixer, if you do not have use blender or hand electric beater. Beat for about 7-10 minutes or until whole egg and egg yolks become thick.
- Add sugar slowly while beating eggs couple of tablespoon each time. Beat on high speed after adding sugar each time.
- This beating of eggs and sugar will take about 10 minutes. Then add oil slowly and beat it should take 2-3 minutes.
- Fold vanilla extract slowly in egg mixture
- Add sifted dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder) in egg, oil and sugar mixture and fold slowly with your spatula. Do not beat at all, the texture of eggs will be spoiled.
- If you want to add any fruit juice then add on this stage.
- Time to add boiling water and fold in quickly, fold until the liquid is blended.
- Grease a baking pan or line with butter or parchment paper and pour batter into it.
- As you can see chocolate pattern on cake in picture, add chocolate syrup on the patter and slowly make any pattern you or kids (if you have any kids) like. If you will do it quickly then the chocolate syrup will sink to bottom.
- Bake the cake batter at 180 degrees C for 35 to 50 minutes. You have to check cake after 20 minutes with a wooden skewer by pricking it in center as time may vary depending on external temperature and efficiency of oven that actually matters a lot.
- Once the skewer will come out clean remove cake from the pan on a wire rack and let cake stay until it cools completely.
- Loosen the butter paper from the cake sides, when the Indian Cake Recipes With Egg
- Will be cold it will be easy to remove butter paper.
- You can change boiling water with warm milk, with milk the cake will turn more dense and rich, but bit heavy.
- You can dust top lightly with cocoa powder or confectioner’s sugar or frost with chocolate or any fruit frosting or Orange Butter Frosting.
- Best thing is to let this Indian Cake Recipes with Egg cool on a wire rack.
- Lemon zest or lemon zest can be added to give a tangy taste.
- If you want to add juice, do not add more than a couple of tablespoons in this Indian Cake Recipes with Egg recipe. Fresh or market brought juice can be added just to add little flavor and aroma. Lemon or orange extract can also be used instead of vanilla extract.