Green Lentils Recipe
Moong Daal Recipe
Today I will be showing you how to make green lentils recipe (moong daal recipe) in an easy way. Until now I do not think I have ever uploaded any lentils recipe.
The use of lentils is of great importance in our lives. The lentils are a great source of protein. They are easy to make and great in taste.
Ingredients green lentils recipe:
- Green lentils ( moong daal) 1 cup
- Red Lentils ( Masoor daal) 1 cup
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium, sliced
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds ( zeera/ jeera) 1 teaspoon
- Tomato 1 large, chopped
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Dry coriander powder ½ tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies, fresh coriander to garnish
Directions Moong daal Recipe:
- Soak separately green and red lentils in two bowls with water rising above the level of lentils for at least 30 minutes.
- In a pan add oil and fry onions until light brown and then add ginger garlic paste and cumin, stir to cook for a couple of minutes then add tomato and sprinkle spices; salt, pepper, red chili, dry coriander powder, and turmeric. Stir to cook until oil will shine for 5 minutes. If you feel that gravy is getting think or sticky then add a splash of water if desired or needed.
- Add soaked lentils and 2 cups of water then cover with the lid and cook until tender; in the pressure cooker it will take around 5 minutes and without the pressure cooker, it may take from 30- 60 minutes.
- Open the lid and check the lentils if cooked and the consistency is as required, if not you can cook for few more minutes and add more water to make this soup.
- When the lentils will be properly cooked and will be tender, take out in a bowl sprinkle with garam masala, coriander leaves, and green chilies, and serve with rice or naan some salad and green chutney.
Author: Sadia Shabbir
I am an artist who loves peace n colors. I present my creative skills through my passions.