Fruit Cake Recipe or 3-in-1 cake recipe
Today I baked Fruit Cake Recipe and it is actually 3-in-1 fruit cake. Why I am calling it three-in-one Fruit Cake Recipe as it has three tastes at the same time. I picked a baking pan and partition it by an aluminum foil by lifting the aluminum foil up from two places to create a wall between different tastes.
You may be thinking what is the point of baking such Fruit Cake Recipe, why not cupcakes or muffins with different flavors. Actually, I have different demands related to baking from my daughter who is 7 years old. My son is also allergic to too many things I cannot even list them and it includes some fruits and spices and seasonings too and cinnamon and brown sugar are in that list. On the other hand, my daughter loves cinnamon so I created the partition and baked 3-in-1 Fruit Cake Recipe keeping all these things in my mind.
In this 3-in-1 Fruit Cake Recipe, I have three sections in the pan. One section is having carrot slices layered in the bottom and topped with brown sugar. Second partition has apple slices layered in the bottom after coating them with brown sugar and cinnamon. Third portion has banana slices layered in the bottom. I tried to have an upside down cake.
Related Cake Recipe :
Please have a look on some other cake recipes; an egg less cake or Easy Pineapple cake, Orange cake, Lemon cake, No-bake biscuit cake or simple tea cake , try this quick cake microwave colorful cake or cookies microwave mug cake or microwave simple cake or microwave chocolate cake. Tasty cakes with frosting like; coffee caramel cake, Easy marble cake, Chocolate cake, as well. Healthy cakes like; oatmeal muffins, Flour less dates cake or Egg-less chocolate cake or Coffeecake recipe or may be you can try Coconut Cake Recipe .
Ingredients 3-in-1 cake Recipe
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter or oil
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar (you can add up to 1 cup if you like more sweet but already the fruits will be sweet so I added ½ cup of sugar)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup fresh full fat milk (you can use low fat or skimmed milk too)
- 2 tablespoon Greek Yogurt (optional, if you want, you can add plan yogurt too)
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and half large ripe banana (for the portion of banana cake, mash with fork or blend with little amount of milk)
- Add 1 large carrot (for the portion of carrot cake, grate or blend)
- 1 large apple (for the portion of apple cake, grate or blend)
- Condensed milk to pour on top(optional, you can use homemade too, check here for the recipe)
- 2 tablespoon powdered cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon powdered brown sugar
- Coarsely Crushed nuts (optional)
- Raisins (optional)
Directions Fruit Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 185°C, and layer a round pan with aluminum foil and raise from two places and make three sections and butter the foil, I did not butter and the cake was sticking.
- Slice in three different bowl carrots, half banana and apple. On apple slices sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon according to your taste. On carrot slices, sprinkle brown sugar and I have left the banana slices plan with nothing.
- Pick the slices one by one and layer them in baking pan in separate sections.
- In a mixing bowl, with a fork mash the ripe banana like a paste.
- Add melted butter or oil into a blender and then the baking powder and baking soda and salt. Now add the sugar, milk and Greek yogurt blend for couple of minutes, then in a bowl beat the egg lightly, and pour in blender and then vanilla extract.
- Once the liquid mixture is ready pour it in a large bowl and sieve the flour on it and mix with light hands, you have to actually fold the flour. It’s quite a work as the mixture is sticky.
- Divide the batter in three sections in separate bowl.
- Batter that is for banana section, add mashed banana in it and mix well. You can add some nuts and raisins too, if you like and pour on top of banana slices.
- Blended or grated apple will go in second bowl, mix the batter, and pour on top of apple slices.
- Grated Carrots will go in third bowl of batter mix and then pour on top of the carrot slices.
- Cover the baking pan with an aluminum foil that will be domed on pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove the aluminum foil from top and let the cake cook well also from the top.
- After 30 minutes insert a toothpick or a thin wooden skewer in the cake, separately in all three sections, if the skewer comes out clean then remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down on room temperature.
- When the cake is cold then slowly remove the foil from it.
- Then turn the Fruit Cake upside down, pour some condensed milk and enjoy tasty Fruit Cake.
- Fruit Cake Recipe must be cool before cutting and serving.