Eggplant Indian Recipe or Baingan ka bharta recipe or baigan bharta recipe or Smoky Eggplant /aubergine Stir-fry
I know that most of the kids even adults do not like to eat eggplant. When you know the benefits of eggplants and know how rich this is in vitamins and minerals, you will like to eat it all the time. I have seen many people, eating eggplant in a salad without cooking it, and though I never like it when I tried, it was nice. In this post I am sharing with you Eggplant Indian Recipe or Baingan ka bharta recipe (mashed eggplant recipe) try it and you will not even know, what you are eating it will taste like meat. There are many healthy eggplant recipes but I feel that they are hard so I am sharing an easy eggplant recipe. Enjoy aubergine recipe with Naan Bread. When I think about Hot Naan with steaming hot with roasted eggplant recipe my mouth starts watering.
Ingredients Eggplant Indian Recipe
- ½ kg Eggplant
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2-tablespoon ginger, garlic paste
- Salt, black pepper, and paprika, to taste
- 2 tomatoes make a paste
- Paprika or red chili powder to taste
- ½-teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoon Coriander seeds
- ½-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon Yogurt (optional)
Directions Eggplant Indian Recipe
- To cook Eggplant Indian Recipe or baingan ka bharta recipe poke holes in Eggplant and then apply a little amount of oil, as if you are greasing eggplant. Then roast it on direct flame. You can simply turn the stove flame on medium put on the flame directly, then roast the eggplant from all the sides properly until the (peel) cover will be soft, and start removing.
- Now let it cool down a little and then peel it and mash it in any bowl. Do with all eggplants.
- Place a wok or pan over medium-high flame and fry the onion until caramelized then add ginger and garlic paste and fry for a couple of minutes until the garlic will change the color.
- Add tomato paste, paprika or red chili powder, cumin seeds, salt, dry coriander, turmeric, and yogurt, if you want to use. Now fry everything properly with stirring it occasionally, until the oil will seep out of gravy.
- Now add mashed eggplant and cook for 12-20 minutes on low flame by stirring continuously to mix everything well for first five minutes then occasionally until the oil will separate.
- Add green chilies, chopped coriander leaves and serve with Naan or roti or steamed rice or cumin rice and enjoy Eggplant Indian Recipe or aubergine recipes or baingan ka bharta recipe.