Potato Pancake Recipe
You may have tried a lot of simple pancakes or chocolate pancakes and crepes. Today I’m going to show you a totally different pancake. This pancake is prepared using potatoes and onions mainly but to satisfy my desiness I have to add few more ingredients to make it suitable and tasty for me and family. The Potato Pancake Recipe is very easy and you get to eat delicious Potato Pancake. This Potato Pancake is crispy from outside and soft from inside. I was just browsing about Potato Pancake Recipe and came to know that the Korean name of Potato Pancakes is gamjajeon (감자전). Well, you can impress people by calling its Korean name, and nobody will know, what you are cooking 😀
I think potatoes are available in every home. If your kids are hungry or you, this is the easiest thing to do. Let us check our Potato Pancake Recipe
Ingredients Potato Pancake Recipe
· 1 Medium Size potato (grate it, you can peel and grate and if you do not want to peel just wash it well.)
· ½ medium sized Onion (grate it)
· Salt and Black Pepper (to Taste)
· 1 tablespoon Soya Sauce (optional, but I like to add)
· ½ teaspoon Fresh Lemon/ Lime Juice
· ¼ cup all-purpose Flour.
· 2 tablespoon Oil
· Pinch of Cumin Seeds (optional)
· 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
· 1 tablespoon Grated Bell pepper ( I used green and red)
· 1 teaspoon Coriander and Spring onions (finely chopped, you can use any green herb that you like)
Directions Potato Pancake Recipe:
1. Take a large bowl and add grated potato, ginger, onion, green and red pepper.
2. Add black pepper, cumin seeds, salt and all-purpose flour and mix with a spoon.
3. Place a nonstick pan on low flame and add oil. Let oil warm up then add your Potato Pancake recipe batter in the pan and smooth it out and spread in the pan with a spoon. The pancake should be so thick as it will take a lot of time to cook.
4. Let potato pancake get crispy from the bottom then turn it over to another side. It will take 5-10 minutes to cook on low flame. Cooking time depends on the thickness and the flame.
5. Once the color from both sides is golden brown Potato pancake is ready. Transfer your beautiful crispy, golden brown potato pancake to a plate and enjoy with any sauce of your choice.
- I have tried Potato Pancake Recipe with this recipe many times, it was good but finally, I thought to add some desi touch and add few more ingredients as mentioned above. I hope you will like Potato Pancake Recipe and try it over and over again.
- You can also add Potato Starch as advised in the given video but I add the all-purpose flour or cornstarch, both work well for me.
- Squeeze the potatoes to remove excess water and starch from the potatoes if you like.
- If you cannot flip potato pancakes easily just remove on a plate and turn the plate over the pan to turn the pancakes.