Simple Namkeen Gosht Recipe
Namkeen Gosht is a famous dish in Pakistan. There are many versions of Namkeen Gosht like Peshawari Namkeen Gosht, Afghani Namkeen Gosht. I am a simple Namkeen Gosht recipe like Peshawari Namkeen Gosht. This is basic Namkeen Gosht Recipe you can add anything you like. If you add fried sliced potatoes, onions then it will become Afghani Namkeen Gosht Recipe.
Namkeen in Urdu means Salty
Gosht mean Meat
Namkeen Gosht: Salty meat 😊
Ingredients Namkeen Gosht Recipe:
- ½ kg meat chopped in form of cubes (small pieces as you like. You can use beef, mutton or even chicken too)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon minced Ginger
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoon of Oil
- 3-4 Green Chilies
- 4 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 3 medium-size tomatoes (sliced, comparatively large)
- Water as required (I used 2 cups)
Directions Namkeen Gosht Recipe:
- On a medium high flame heat up oil and fry ginger and garlic for 2 minutes or until the garlic will change its color.
- Add cut pieces of meat mix, stir and roast until the meat will change its color. Add water and let meat cook until soft on low flame while covering the pot. You can also use a pressure cooker to cook the meat until tender.
- Now roast meat and let all water dry, if left any on high flame without covering the pot.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper stir and mix. Add tomatoes, green chilies and cook until the tomatoes will me little soft, they should not disappear.
- Cover for a couple of minutes and cook on low flame until the oil will seep out of the meat.
- You can add finely chopped coriander, chilies, roasted cumin, and julienned ginger.