Easy and Healthy Okra Recipe
I am sharing in this post, okra recipe. Most of the people do not like to eat okra due to its sliminess. I have a great tip; you can also see in picture that there is no slim in plate. Always wash the okra almost half to one hour before cooking it depending on external temperature. Once the okra is fully dry then cut using a cutting board and fry in little oil, it will never be slimy and do not add water, and it can bring the sliminess.
Ingredients Okra Recipe:
- 2-3 cups of Okra trimmed and sliced.
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 medium sized tomato deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium size onion sliced
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- ½-teaspoon Garam masala powder (you can use any seasoning of your choice)
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil for cooking
- ½-teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½-teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoon chopped spinach leaves.
- 2-3 green chilies to garnish
Directions Okra Recipe:
- Add oil in a frying pan or wok on medium heat and sprinkle mustard seeds, cover to avoid spattering, once aromatic add onion and sauté until golden brown, add minced garlic, tomatoes and let them cook until the oil will shine and all water of the tomatoes will evaporate.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add okra and cook when the mucilage of the okra will appear and let the gravy get dry and onions will be little dark in color. Add spinach, stri and let it cook for about couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle all mentioned spices; Garam masala powder, ground coriander, and cook for few more minutes until the okra will darken and little dry.
- Dish out Easy and Healthy Okra add chilies, sprinkle cumin seeds and enjoy with naan bread or boiled rice.
You can always change or add few new ingredients to experiment with Okra Recipe and adjust to your flavor. In this okra recipe you can add cherry tomatoes at the end and cook for couple of minutes until bursting. You can add shredded chicken as well.