Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
In this post, I will be sharing Bulgur salad recipe or Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe with you. You can add more colors to this Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe by adding pomegranate and feta cheese will also make the taste great. Try different combinations of Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe and see what taste you like most.
Few more salad recipes can be checked under;
- Easy Fruit Salad
- Black Eyed Peas Salad
- Kidney beans salad
- Tabouli salad
- Russian salad
- Coleslaw salad
- Quick Quinoa salad
- Celery salad
- Chickpeas salad with lentils
Servings: 4 as a side dish
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- ½ cup bulgur
- 2 tablespoon mixed raisins (kishmish)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 medium-sized strawberries
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds (optional, Til)
- 2-3 tablespoon roasted chickpeas (optional, Channy)
- 1 large sized Cucumber, chopped ( kheera)
- 3 tablespoon honey (shehad)
- ½ medium sized Green apple, chopped (saib)
- 1 large sized tomato chopped (tamatar)
- A ½ cup can, Red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (lobia)
- 1 tablespoon chopped Celery leaves
- 2 tablespoon mustard paste (sarsoon)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Dill leaves (parsley can also be added) (soya)
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, from 1 medium lemon (lemoon)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
Directions Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- Boil water in a kettle or in a pan and pour on bulgur. Cover the bowl and leave at least for 2-4 hours. You can leave it overnight as well. I left it overnight.
- Meanwhile, take another bowl and add chopped tomatoes, cucumber, kidney beans, green apple, roasted chickpeas, dill, celery leaves, and sesame seeds.
Mix well. Now season the ingredients of Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe with salt, lemon juice, honey, mustard paste, black pepper, hot sauce and toss to mix.
- Drain the water of bulgur and add it to the boil with cucumber, tomatoes etc. Toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle raisins on top and sesame seeds if you like.
Note Cucumber Tomato Dill Salad Recipe
- You can season with more salt, pepper; even can add cumin seeds, chili flakes.
- Parsley and green coriander or mint leaves can be added too.
- If you like can add vinegar also.
- You can let bulgur sit in warm water for some time or can simmer on low heat for 12- 15 minutes or until tender.
- I just soak it overnight and there is no need to cook it at all.
- You can add radish, turnip or carrot for some crunch.