Whole Wheat Waffles Recipe
If you prefer using whole wheat flour then this perfect Whole Wheat Waffles recipe is for you.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6-8 depends if you have kids too.
- 1 egg
- 1and ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (optional)
- 1 cups milk (you can use low fat or skimmed milk too, I am using full fat)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (you can use granulated or brown sugar as well)
- 2 tablespoons oil (any oil can be used, I am using olive oil from Jordan, it’s taste is amazing)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Raisins(optional)
You can enjoy these waffles with anything of your choice. I like with Honey/ cream/ chocolate syrup/peanut butter or any ice cream.
- Preheat waffle iron. Check the instruction manual for the quantity of your waffle iron. If waffle iron is not nonstick then you have to brush it with oil each time before adding waffles batter.
- Take a medium-size bowl, add first egg whites and beat well, then add yolk then beat again until a creamy mixture will be formed.
- Now add sugar, milk, and oil then beat again on slow speed first then make it high.
- Now add all the left ingredients like salt, flour, baking powder etc. and beat until you have a smooth mixture. If you do not have hand beater use your blender to make the batter. If you prefer then with hand try to beat for more time and do not let any lumps appear in the batter, it should be creamy and smooth.
- Now add raisins and mix.
- Take the batter in a cup and pour onto hot waffle iron. Check the amount for your waffle maker from manual. My waffle iron has two halves, so I add in the first half, spread the batter then add on other side and spread the batter with wooden or silicone spatula.
- Close the lid of your waffle iron and let the waffles cook until there will not be any steam coming out. This is the indication that all water has been dried and the waffle is ready.
- Now remove your whole wheat waffle from iron and then repeat the same process with the whole batter, until you are done. Do not forget to brush or spray your waffle iron before adding more batter.
Enjoy your sweet, yummy, crunchy whole wheat flour waffles.
You can also check for Easy Waffles Recipe.