Chickpeas salad recipe with White Lentils
Everyone loves the salads, so do I. I am always experimenting with food to get some new taste and the most common salad in our house is chickpeas salad. Chickpeas salad with onion, tomatoes, and yogurt but today, I thought to break the norm and go for an unusual combination of chickpeas salad with white lentils. Is not it unusual? but it is amazing, filling and I felt so relaxed. It was amazing. have a look at an unusual recipe for Chickpeas Salad.
Try few other salad recipes;
- Easy Fruit Salad
- Black Eyed Peas Salad
- Kidney beans salad
- Tabouli salad
- Russian salad
- Coleslaw salad
- Quick Quinoa salad
- Celery salad
- 1 cup Chickpeas (white) (boiled and softened, you can use can too, but drain the water and rinse properly before use)
- 1 cup White Lentils – (Black Gram Skinned and Split) (boiled and softened)
- 4 tablespoon sweet corn
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (optional but recommended)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon White vinegar or lemon or lime juice (if you like)
- Green Chili (optional, to garnish, I do not use if my kids have to eat with me.)
- This is very easy Chickpeas salad and it will take hardly 15 minutes for you.
- Rinse and drain Chickpeas, white lentils, and sweet corns. Add to a strainer and remove water properly.
- Now take a large bowl and add one to one all ingredients. Staring from chickpeas, then add white lentils and top with sweet corns.
- Now sprinkle salt, pepper and cumin seeds.
- Toss with a spatula or spoon to mix all ingredients well.
- Drizzle some olive oil and add some lemon juice. Mix again.
- Sprinkle some green coriander and green chili and enjoy.
You will be amazed to see how light and filling this chickpeas salad is.