Chicken Shish kebab : Shish was considered to be grilled lamb, log ago but as our approach to chicken as improved and obviously cooking chicken takes less time than lamb or anything else. We have started using chicken in everything. In this post, I will be sharing recipe of Chicken Shish kebab. It is actually marinated boneless chicken with oil, lemon and then grilled. This Chicken Shish kebab takes just a few ingredient but it is so tender and tasty. Chicken Shish kebab are also called Shish Taouk.
- 1kg boneless chicken (you can used without skin or skinned breast)
- 1-tablespoon red chili (you can use chili sauce too)
- 1 medium size Lime or Lemon (squeeze to get lemon juice 2-3 tablespoon)
- 5 tablespoons oil (recommended is olive, but you can use any other oil of your choice)
- 1-tablespoon Garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1-teaspoon black pepper
- You can use salt and pepper according to your taste as well.)
- ½-tablespoon yogurt (optional)
- 3- 4 Skewers (to thread chicken cubes on them for grilling)
- Cucumber pickle
- Broccoli/ cabbage/ avocado/ cucumber/ tomato/ lemon/zucchini / onion/ mustard leaves/ parsley / cilantro/ peas/ carrot.
- You can use any of above-said vegetable for the salad. However, I like to mix all of them.
- Cut small cubes of vegetables and if you like, you can eat them directly, or steam, or grill them a little with lemon and olive oil.
- Shish Taouk or Chicken Shishkebab is also good with boiled rice or bread.
- I will remind you to wash your hands, please. If you want, you can use disposable kitchen gloves too as there will be some mixing. I believe the taste and finishing that we can get with hands, cannot be done with a spoon etc.
- Wash and rinse your chicken properly. Then cut the chicken into medium size cubes.
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients in it. Now grab a spoon or mixer and mix all the ingredients well.
- Cut the chicken into medium size cubes.
- Add the chicken to the mixture of all spices and (preferably) using your hands try to coat all the chicken cubes nicely with the batter.
- Now cover the bowl with a lid or cling sheet and leave it in the refrigerator for few hours, if you can marinade a night before preparation, the taste will be awesome. I always marinade overnight.
- Take out your skewers and clean them with cloth or kitchen towel or tissue. Better with light hand grease them with oil.
- When you want to grill the marinated chicken cubes, take it out of refrigerator and thread chicken cubes on the skewer.
- You can also thread pieces of cucumber or pickle between the cubes of chicken if you like.
- Grill them on griller or charcoal, you can also put them in an oven and cook them.
- When the color of the chicken cubes will change to light brown, take them out of the fire and let them get little normal on a rack.
Your delicious Chicken Shishkebab is ready.
You can keep them on a skewer and serve or you can remove them from skewer for serving.
Before serving, just drizzle little lemon juice and olive oil on chicken shishkebab.