Chicken Shashlik Recipe
Total preparation time for Chicken Shashlik recipe is a half hour and this quantity will serve 3 individuals.
Ingredients of chicken shashlik recipe
- ½ kg Boneless, skinless chicken (It is good to use 3-5 breast pieces, cut into small cubes)
- 1-cup cabbage (cut into squares)
- 1 large bell pepper (cut into the square)
- ½ large size onion (cut into squares, you can use 1 medium-size onion)
- 3-tablespoon ginger garlic paste (separated, 1tbs to coat chicken+2tbs to cook)
- ½-teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1-teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened soya sauce
- 1-tablespoon hot sauce
- 5-tablespoon oil (separated)
- 1 chicken cube or 1-cup chicken broth
- 5-tablespoon tomatoes ketchup
- 150grams yogurt (to prepare Chicken Shashlik Recipe sauce)
- 3-tablespoon cornflour (separated, 2 tablespoons to coat chicken and 1 tablespoon to add in water and then add in cooked chicken to thicken gravy)
- 1-teaspoon brown sugar
- Spring onions (finely chopped, to garnish)
Directions Chicken Shashlik Recipe:
- In a large bowl, add vinegar, soya sauce, and brown sugar, and chili sauce, and ginger garlic paste, black pepper, 2-tablespoon cornstarch mix to make sauce and add chicken cubes, using your hands or a spoon coat the chicken well with the sauce and leave for about 10 minutes on kitchen cabinets to marinade.
- Place a large pan or wok on the medium high flame and add 2 tablespoons of oil, make it warm and then add 2-tablespoon ginger garlic paste and sauté until the paste will change little color.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent, add cabbage and bell pepper and cook until the vegetable will be tender.
- Take another wok or pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of oil and heat it up, once warm, add chicken and fry until it will change color and no longer pink. Take out the chicken from this pan and then add in the other pan with vegetables.
- Lower the heat and cook the chicken and vegetables together for a couple of minutes meanwhile, you will prepare the sauce of the Chicken Shashlik Recipe.
- Use same pan in which you fry chicken, as oil will be left in it and add ketchup, and cook for 1 minute and add yogurt, cook, and mix quickly add chicken broth or chicken cube with half cup of water, little soya sauce and chili sauce, if you want, salt, black pepper and red chili and bring to boil.
- Once ready, add this sauce with chicken and vegetables and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with two tablespoons of water to make a paste and add in chicken and vegetables to thicken the gravy.
- When you will get the desired consistency turn off the fire, dish out Chicken Shashlik Recipe, sprinkle some spring onions on top and enjoy with vegetables fried rice, plain boiled rice, or you can enjoy with simple naan or tandoori naan as well.
You can always change the amount of the spices or sauces as per your taste and add or subtract any sauce as well.