Chicken Karahi Recipe English
I know you all love this recipe. There are hundreds of the ways you can cook Chicken Karahi Recipe but I will be showing you the quick and easy way. Apart from that, if you cannot read Urdu, it does not mean, you cannot get the authentic Chicken Karahi Recipe so here we have for you Chicken Karahi Recipe in English.
Ingredients Chicken Karahi Recipe in English
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium sized sliced
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Chicken chopped 1kg
- Tomatoes ½kg
- Salt and red chili powder to taste
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon (haldi)
- Dry coriander ½ teaspoon
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Green chilies to garnish
- Fresh coriander handful, chopped
- Garam masala ½-1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin ¼ teaspoon
- Kasoori methi ( dried fenugreek leaves) ½ teaspoon (crush with hands and sprinkle on top)
Directions Chicken Karahi Recipe in English:
- In a pan, add 1 cup of oil on medium flame and one medium onion sliced, cook until its light golden in color.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste stir and cook until the garlic will change its color.
- Once the mixture is aromatic, add 1kg chicken and fry it for almost 10-12 min.
- Add 1/2 kg tomato puree along with salt, red chili powder, dry coriander and turmeric powder.
- Once puree reduces to half in quantity, add 1/2 cup of yogurt and roast well by stirring.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for 4-5 minutes, until the oil will shine.
- Dish out Garnish with green chilies, fresh coriander, and Garam masala and crushed roasted cumin (zeera) and little amount of fenugreek-dried leaves.
- Enjoy Chicken Karahi Recipe in English with Naan or Rice.
Author: Sadia Shabbir
I am an artist who loves peace n colors. I present my creative skills through my passions.