Carrot Dessert Recipe (Gajrela)
I love to eat dessert after my dinner. I am always fond of trying different recipes and in this post, I will share with you the recipe of Carrot Dessert Recipe (Gajar Ka halwa). There are many methods to cook it but I like it make it easy and quick. It can take for hours but this Carrot Dessert Recipe (Gajar Ka Halwa) can be prepared in an hour. You can also check Semolina Dessert and Semolina Cake Recipes.
Ingredients Carrot Dessert Recipe (gajrela):
· 1 kg carrots (carefully shred, do not hurt your fingers)
· 250grams Sugar
· 100g Oil or butter
· ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
· 2tablespoon of Almonds
· 1 teaspoon powdered Pistachio
· 2cup milk powder (I have used full fat, you can use low fat or skimmed milk too)
· 3 tablespoon Milk powder
· 250grams Fresh Cream
· 250grams Condensed milk
· 2 tablespoons shredded Coconut
· 1 teaspoon Cream cheese.
· Raisins to garnish
Directions Carrot Dessert Recipe (Gajrela):
Add oil to a large wok and heat it up, once warm add cardamom powder and stir to cook for 5 seconds, add shredded carrots.
2. Stir and cook for almost 10-15 minutes, until the carrots will be cooked and all the water in carrots will evaporate.
3. Pour milk, Condensed milk, cream, cream cheese, coconut, pistachio, almonds and keep stirring for 5-7 minutes and let carrot and milk mix together well.
4. Once you will see that milk has evaporated, add milk powder and stir to cook.
5. When you can see oil is bubbling out add sugar and let cook for 5-7 minutes and then you can see that the mixture has thickened.
6. Remove from flame and pour in some baking tray and smooth with spoon or spatula. Let it sit for 10 minutes and with a sharp knife cut to make small cubes or bite-size squares.
7. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, preferably overnight and in breakfast serve with a hot drink.
8. Sprinkle some coconut on top and garnish the squares with raisins and shredded carrot.
Your tasty Carrot Dessert Recipe (Gajrela or gajar Ke barfi) is ready.
To make the process quicker, you can boil the carrots first and then fry in oil and add all ingredients.