I love to eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. I can see cabbage everywhere nowadays. I always cook cabbage and enjoy it with alone or in combination with chicken and other vegetables. Today, I thought to try Cabbage Salad or you can say Asian Cabbage Salad. The experience was great so thought to share with you.
- 1 small pack of noodles (It will make 2 ounces or 60g )
- ½ medium size white cabbage
- 1 zucchini
- ½ bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup spring onions
- a spoonful of sliced olives
- ¼ cup almond/ walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped or rocket leaves or parsely
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or sesame oil
- Take a medium-size bowl and combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside to use it later.
- Clean and wash the cabbage then shredded it.
- Grab your carrot and with the help of shredder grate it, be careful do not go deep as it can cut your hands.
- Take your zucchini and slice it as thin as possible for you.
- Now, it’s the turn of your capsicum, you can take any color and slice it so thin as it will like thin sticks or you can say like matchsticks
- Chop thinly your spring onions or scallion
- Put the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, and brown sugar in a small pot over low heat. Heat, stirring, just until the sugar has fully dissolved. Whisk in the olive oil and set aside to cool.
- Take almonds, add ½ teaspoon of oil in a pan over medium heat and roast almonds. Let them cool in a plate and then slice them, keep aside to use later on.
- Roast sesame seeds too in the same pan.
- Break the noodles, you can use quick egg noodles or ramen noodles. If you are using any other type of noodles then boil and drain water.
- Take a large bowl and one by one add all the sliced or chopped vegetables and nuts like cabbage, carrot, olives, zucchini, scallions, pomegranate, almond, capsicum, and uncooked noodles in a salad bowl.
- Now add half of the dressing over the mixture of the vegetables and nuts and toss vigorously to coat everything with dressing very well.
- You can add more dressing and continue with tossing to cover each bite of salad with dressing.
- Sprinkle the salad with sesame seeds, coriander or rocket leaves.
Your tasty Cabbage Salad is ready. You can enjoy with mayonnaise or tahina(camel milk dressing)
You can make this salad 2-3 hours before and keep in refrigerator to enhance the taste of each bite.
If dressing is left, transfer it to an airtight jar and refrigerate it. You can use it till 1 week.