Breakfast Ideas for Kids
Chicken rose buns recipe
I have two kids and I have to suffer with them as they are so picky eats and do not like to eat anything, believe me. I have to make something that is beautiful and appealing. In this quest, I came across one of video on YouTube from Arfa Akhlaque on her channel Fried and tasted. She showed how to make chicken rose buns. After watching her video I got the idea of making rose buns quickly as I am a crazy baker and she explained so well that the idea of making rose buns seemed simple.
I changed the filling, just added pizza filling and baked pretty chicken rose buns for the kids. They simply loved them. Let me show you how I did it.
You can also check the recipe of Chicken Stuffed Buns
Ingredients Breakfast Ideas for Kids
- Whole chicken breast 1
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper ¼ teaspoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Mozzarella cheese shredded 1 cup
- Medium sized carrot 1
- German green chili ½ medium-sized (capsicum can be used)
- Onion 1 medium sized (half for frying, half for topping)
- Garlic cloves 3
- Olives sliced handful
- Pizza sauce ½ cup
- Oil for frying chicken 2 tablespoon
- Pizza dough (using 2 cups of flour)
- Egg 1
- Milk 2 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds 1 tablespoon
- Butter to brush the chicken rose buns 2 tablespoons melted
Directions Breakfast Ideas for Kids
- Preheat oven ato180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or butter paper, or simply grease the tray, set aside.
- Clean, wash, drain and then cut the chicken breast in small cubes, set aside.
- Shred carrot with a grater; be careful, do not hurt your fingers, set aside.
- Cut onions and German chili in small cubes.
- Slice garlic and set aside.
- In a pan, heat up oil adds half amount of onion in it and fry until translucent. Add garlic cloves and fry until aromatic, add cumin, stir and fry for 1 minute.
- Now add chicken and cook it until it will change its color and will be cooked and tender. Add salt and pepper and 2 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese and cook for 30 seconds, remove from fire and set aside.
- Add grated carrots, ½ amount of green capsicum, and mix well.
Assembling Chicken Pizza Rose Buns
- Now take your dough, roll it on the kitchen counter to make a log and cut a log in 10-12 equal parts.
- Pick each cut and roll with hands to make a ball.
- Take a pizza ball; roll it to make a small circular disc 3-4 inch diameter. Now make four slits on the edges of the dough, check attached picture.
- In the middle add ½ tablespoon of pizza sauce, add 1 heaped tablespoon of chicken filling, add 1 teaspoon of mozzarella cheese, you have to make rose now.
- Pick one side and wrap the filling and close edges to other side now pick opposite side and cover the filling from other side and then finally pick the left petals and wrap on top of each other and make a rose shape, top it with an olive.
- For details check the video from 7:50 minutes.
- Continue with all the dough balls; place all chicken rose buns on the tray.
- In a bowl whisk an egg with milk to make the egg wash, apply this egg wash on all the chicken buns and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, depends on the efficiency of oven and external temperature. Once done remove the chicken buns from oven and brush them with melted butter using a silicon brush.
Your pretty Chicken stuffed Pizza rose buns are ready. Your kids will love these rose buns when they will see in breakfast and will ask for more.