Aloo Gosht Recipe
Potato Meat(mutton) Aloo Gosht Recipe In Urdu
I know many people who put everything in a pressure cooker and then after the meat is tender add potatoes and then fry to make Aloo Gosht. Though cooking Aloo Gosht in Pakistani style is much of hard work and need patience but believe me, this patience will pay when your Aloo Gosht Recipe will give a finger licking experience to your family. Try one time Aloo Gosht Recipe in our style and I am sure you will be happy with the aroma it spreads around in your home and the taste that this Aloo Gosht Recipe brings is divine. You can enjoy this Mutton Stew recipe with Tandoori Naan or Steamed Rice.
You can also check the creamy mutton recipe along with this Mutton stew recipe.
Ingredients Aloo Gosht Recipe
- 1 Kg Meat ( Meat Or Mutton) (Gosht)
- Salt To Taste ( Namak)
- Red Chili Powder ( Lal Mirch) To Taste
- 2 Large Tomatoes ( Tamatar)
- 3-4 Large Onion ( Pyaz)
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lehsan)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric (haldi)
- 2 Liter Water (Pani)
- 1 Cup Oil For Cooking (Tail)
- 3 Large Potatoes ( Aloo) Peeled And Cubed
- 3-4 Green Chilies ( Sabaz Mirch)
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander.
Directions Aloo Gosht Recipe
- In a pan add, 1 kg (gosht) meat, salt, red chili, turmeric (haldi) ,2 large tomatoes sliced, 3-4 large onions finely cut and ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoons.
- Add water almost 2 liters (depends on the meat quality).
- Cook on high flame till meat becomes tender and water is almost dried up.
- Add 1 cup oil and cook it well for approximately 10 min and then add peeled and cubed potatoes.
- Cook on medium flame for another 10 min.
- Pour two liters of the water (depends how much gravy you want), add green chilies and cook on high flame until required gravy/ stew consistency.
- Dish out your Aloo Gosht and Garnish with fresh coriander and garam masala.
Note Aloo Gosht Recipe In Urdu
- A good Aloo Gosht is based on how finely you have fried the meat(gosht ko bhunn’na achay say).
- It also depends on the right amount of the spices.
- Add freshly roasted and crushed jeera(cumin) and dry coriander( roasted and crushed) 1 teaspoon n put it and simmer (dam) for 5 min. This tip will make your Aloo Gosht Recipe In Urdu taste like wedding or restaurant style (deigee)!
Author: Sadia Shabbir
I am an artist who loves peace n colors. I present my creative skills through my passions.